November 30, 2015
Peter Penguin says...
I like turtles.
- 900g boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 60 ml apple juice
- 60g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsps ketchup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 120 ml water
- 80 ml soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Cornflour mixed with water for thickening
Peter’s fun fact: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street.
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add all sauce ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with spring onions.