August 8, 2016
Peter Penguin says...
A Mexican breakfast burrito, should be deece!
- 4 flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 250g Mexican chorizo
- 100g grated cheese (Cheddar is good, or whatever you prefer)
For the black beans
- 500g black beans
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
For the pico de gallo
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- jalapeno chilli, chopped
- Soak the beans overnight in litres of cold water.
- Put the beans in a pan and cover with water. Add the remaining black beans ingredients and bring the water to the boil.
- Boil the beans for roughly 1 hour until they are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the chorizo sausages in which ever way you prefer. Once they’re cooked, dice them up and put aside.
- Mix together all the pico de gallo ingredients in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and black pepper. Then scramble or fry the eggs as you like them.
- To serve, heat up a tortilla in a frying pan for around 15 seconds, then transfer to a plate.
- Add scoops of eggs, beans, chorizo, cheese and 1 tablespoon each of the pico de gallo and sour cream. Wrap the burrito and enjoy with an ice cold Corona.