April 10, 2015
For the base:
200g chocolate digestives or cookies
65g margarine or butter
For the cake:
700g full-fat soft cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
2 medium eggs
225g caster sugar
2 vanilla pods
300g decent butterscotch chocolate (e.g. Black’s)
- For the base, melt the butter in a saucepan and turn the biscuits into crumbs via whatever method you see fit.
- Combine the two into a lightly greased cake tin and put in the fridge to set.
- Break the chocolate into individual squares and melt in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Put the cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat the crap out of it until soft.
- Add all of the sugar and beat again.
- Open the vanilla pods and scrape all of the contents into the mixture.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Put a bit of this plain vanilla mixture into a jug and put aside. Into the rest, add the chocolate and combine, now pour the mixture onto the base.
- Take the plain vanilla mixture that you saved, and swirl onto the top of the chocolate mix to create a sort of Dreamcast logo.
- Take a chop stick or something similar and swirl ‘S’ shapes through the chocolate swirl to create a marbled effect.
- Put it in the oven at gas mark 3 or about 180C for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off but leave the cake in there to cool.
- Chill in the fridge for at least a few hours, preferably over night. Then serve, receiving praise and adulation from all who know you as you are truly now a God.