September 2, 2016
Peter Penguin says...
- 4 small fillets of white fish, cut into inch wide strips.
- 1 handful of coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large pinch of rock salt
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 handful of coriander (cilantro)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 big pinch of rock salt
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp crème freche or sour cream
- 4 tbsp hot sauce
For the marinade…
- Use a pestle & mortar to crush up your coriander, garlic, lime and salt.
- Add olive oil, stir and pour over your fish. Flip them around in the marinade and leave them to stand for a few minutes.
For the guacamole…
- Use a fork to loosely mash your avocado, you don’t want a fine paste, just chunky.
- Finely chop your red onion, coriander & cherry tomatoes, & mix it all together with the lime & the salt.
For the taco sauce…
- Mix together the mayo, crème freche and hot sauce!
For the fish…
- Heat your frying pan (use a griddle pan if you have one). When it starts to smoke, turn it down to a medium heat & add your fish. Don’t add oil, the fish is already covered in it.
- After a couple minutes, flip your fish and cook for the same amount of time on this side.
- When your done, take the fish out of the pan and scrape down all the bits left behind, these are full of flavour.
- Assemble the tacos: tortilla (heated in frying pan for a few seconds), taco sauce, watercress, fish and finally the guacamole.