Spiced salmon with coriander mash
April 10, 2015
Peter Penguin says...
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp tikka paste or tandoori paste
- 200g tub Greek yogurt
- 4 salmon fillets
- 25g butter
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 pack fresh coriander, chopped (a large handful)
- 4 tbsp or so milk
- grilled tomatoes to serve
- Boil the potatoes for about 12 minutes until tender.
- Turn on the grill.
- Stir the spice paste into 4 tbsp of the yogurt and smear the mixture all over the salmon.
- Put the salmon in a large heatproof dish, skin side up, and grill for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan.
- Add the remaining yogurt with the butter, chilli flakes, coriander and milk.
- Now mash the ingredients together, or better still use an electric hand whisk to beat the mash to a really creamy texture, adding extra milk if necessary.
- Pile on plates, top with the salmon and drizzle with the cooking juices. Serve with grilled tomatoes.