Sweet potato and goat’s cheese samosas
June 13, 2015
Peter Penguin says...
Where's the meat?! Not a fan, guys. NOT.A.FAN.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, plus more to sprinkle
- 400g sweet potato, into small cubes
- 200g soft goat’s cheese,
- 3 spring onions,
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely
- 1 whole red chilli, finely
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g unsalted
- 270g filo pastry
- Rock salt, to sprinkle
- Place the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan and toast until golden and fragrant. Remove to a mortar and crush with a pestle.
- Put the sweet potato in a pan, cover with water and add salt. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for six to eight minutes until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place in a bowl and mix with the cheese, spring onions, coriander, chilli, chilli flakes, crushed cumin, cinnamon and garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Melt the . Lay a sheet of filo on a work surface and brush with . Place a second sheet on top to fit over the first. Brush this with too. Cut into strips about 5cm wide.
- Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of filling into one corner. Fold the right corner of the strip over to the left side to create a triangle. Continue to fold the triangle along the strip to the end, cutting off surplus pastry.
- Repeat to use up all the pastry and filling. Brush liberally with and sprinkle with cumin seeds and rock salt.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden.