April 10, 2015
- 3 pints of live natural yogurt
- 3 Tablespoon cumin powder
- 3 Tablespoon garam massala
- 3 Teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 Teaspoon chilli Powder
- Juice 3 lemons
- 24 cloves garlic – crushed
- 4 inches grated ginger
- Red food colouring
- 1 Leg of lamb
- 1 Lemon
- Mix the spices, colouring, lemon juice, ginger and garlic up into a paste with a little water and stir in well with the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade.
- Remove the fat from the leg of lamb and make several deep scores across the meat using a sharp knife. Marinate the leg of lamb in the marinade for 24-60 hours.
- Preheat the oven to it’s highest heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Shake off excess marinade and place the lamb in a roasting dish in the oven. Pour over a little vegetable oil.
- Cook at 200 degrees for 2 hours or until the meat is cooked as you like, keep basting with the oil every 20 minutes or so, serve with a wedge of lemon.